Come Enjoy Our Amazing Coastline!
After an inspiring morning full of workshops and speakers, come join us for some time outdoors. A trip to Huntington Beach would not be complete without enjoying one of the many outdoor activities on offer. We have organized four amazing activities for you to choose from. These activities will occur between 1pm – 5pm on Saturday, May 18th. We are excited to see you there!
Update May 19th: The original location of the beach party was wrong. Sorry for the confusion. Here is the updated location.
Update May 15th: For those interested in singing in Sunday’s choir, there will be a practice before the Saturday afternoon fun, from 12:45 pm – 1:15 pm at the Stake Center. So stick around a few minutes after lunch before taking off to the beach. More details about the Choir can be found on the Sunday page.
1) Afternoon Beach Bash
Enjoy the afternoon on Huntington Beach! We will have a number of activities to participate in including beach volleyball, acro yoga, tug-of-war competitions, and cornhole. Or you can just come along and enjoy the sun on the beach!
- The fun begins at 1 pm and will go until 5 pm.
- Huntington Beach State Beach (Beach Blvd. & Pacific Coast Hwy – map here)
- Street parking: $1.50/hr
- State Beach parking lot: $15 flat fee (also covers parking for most of the beaches along the coast, including Crystal Cove State Park for the hike)
2) Bicycle Beach Cruise
Enjoy the afternoon cruising on Huntington Beach’s beach side bicycle trail! Find some friends and put in a few miles along the beach. This is a great way to see all that our expansive beach has to offer.
*** Bicycle rental costs are not included in the conference fee ***
- We will meet at 2:00 pm to kick things off.
- Zack’s Two (map here)
Bicycle Rental Options:
3) Kayak Harbor Cruise
Grab a kayak and come join us on the water for a few hours! We will be wandering through Huntington Harbor (Sunset Beach area). Enjoy the harbor, tour the canals, and look for the wide array of sea life.
- We will meet at 1:15 pm at the Huntington Beach Stake Center to Carpool.
- Kayak’s have been reserved for 1:45 pm at Sunset Kayak.
- We STRONGLY recommend that you carpool from the Huntington Beach Stake Center (map here) as there is very limited parking around Sunset Kayak.
- Kayak’s are reserved at Sunset Kayak (map). If you have difficulty finding parking you could park at Huntington Harbour Mall (16847 Algonquien, Huntington Beach) and take a quick 2 minute Uber to the location.
- $15/person (single or double kayaks).
- A map of the route can be found here!
3) Crystal Cove Hike
Want to get away from the crowds on Huntington Beach? Then come join us for a relaxing hike at Crystal Cove State Park. These trails wander along the coast, providing spectacular views and ample space to walk and enjoy the natural beauty of the area. One hike will be offered (Intermediate).
- The hike will start at 2:00 pm at the location below
- OR you can arrive at 1:15 pm sharp to carpool from the Huntington Beach Stake Center (map here)
- Intermediate Hike: Leaves from the Ranger Station
- Intermediate Hike: You will hike the Green Loop – in the hills of El Moro Wilderness Area. The hike is approx. 3.5 miles and provides sweeping views of the ocean and mountainous back country.
- State Beach parking lot is a $15 flat fee per car. This also covers parking for most of the beaches along the coast.